In past revisions of Ubuntu the Antec Fusion's iMon Pad VFD was very easy to configure. In Karmic there is a little bit of an issue where the lirc_imon module does not detect the VFD correctly. The following directions should get you up and running:
- Install lcdproc
- Edit /etc/LCDd.conf
- Change 'Driver=curses' to 'Driver=imon'
- Make sure you change the one that is not commented out, there will be 2 occurances of 'Device=curses' in the config
- Fix the Module's VFD detection
- Create /etc/modprobe.d/lirc-imon.conf
- Add 'options lirc_imon display_type=1' to the above file
- You can now either restart your computer, or run the following
- sudo /etc/init.d/lirc stop && sudo /etc/init.d/LCDd stop && sudo modprobe -r lirc_imon && sudo modprobe lirc_imon && sudo /etc/init.d/lirc start && sudo /etc/init.d/LCDd start
Now your VFD should be working again.